TG-PROTECT®-TVG - Laminated safety glass
TG-PROTECT® consists of two or more sheets of glass joined together using an extremely tear-resistant polyvinyl butyral interlayer, which may be transparent, toned or translucent. In case of breakage, the sheet has a residual load-bearing capability due to the interlayer - fragments and slivers remain attached to the interlayer. The risk of injury is considerably reduced.
With a size of up to 3,210 x 18,000 mm and integrated colour or noise-reduction layers as well as diverse processing and finishing alternatives, TG-PROTECT® can be used in a wide range of applications.
In addition TG-PROTECT® is available in the safety classes impact, break-in and bullet resistant as TG-PROTECT®-TVG, a heat-strengthened glass with supervisory approval, and as TG-PROTECT®-ESG made of single pane safety glass.
Due to this outstanding property TG-PROTECT®-TVG is predestinated for overhead and structural glazing.
Reference pictures © GATERMANN + SCHOSSIG Architekten, © Fotograf Florian Schreiber
composite of semi-tempered glass (compound of two or more monolithic sheets of TVG-glass)
certified by the DiBT (DIN 18008)
- consists of two or more glass panes bonded together
- maximum dimensions up to 3,210 × 18,000 mm
- up to 120 mm overall thickness, weight per package up to 7,000 kg
- ultimate tensile strength of the interlayer exceeds 20 n/mm²; ultimate strain at failure exceeds 250 %
- impact, break-in and bullet resistant glazing
- higher safety properties
- integrated alarm function possible or noise reduction possible
- can be equipped with toned or printed films
- can be further processed to TG-THERM®
- passive safety glazing offering enhanced protection against injury
- active safety glazing (impact, break-in and bullet-resistant)
- structural glass constructions, overhead glazing
- walk-on glass, safety barriers, railings and balustrades, sporting facilities, partitions, display
- windows, noise reduction, lift glazing