TG-PROTECT® DG - laminated safty glass with extra strength
TG-PROTECT® DG has a robust und resilient interface layer produced from pre-plasticised polyvinyl butyral (PVB). This was specially developed as an interface layer for applications that require increased rigidity together with high glass adhesion in comparison with the standard interface layer, and thus offers superior properties for structural glass construction.
With TG-PROTECT® DG, you are able to keep your glass panes intact at high and low temperatures, even following an impact and under a load. Thanks to its one-hundred-times higher rigidity compared to standard PVB films and its higher shear modulus, TG-PROTECT® DG can either bear a higher even load with the same glass thickness or, with a reduced glass thickness, demonstrate the same load bearing capacity as standard laminated glass.
According to the general appraisal certificate (AbP) TG-PROTECT® DG-S can also be provided with shear coupling. Therefore compositions can be significantly thinner and thus total weight of glass units decreases. In addition, the permissible load on laminated safety glasses rises.
- When combined with prestressed glass, it brings together the benefits of an inelastic interface layer with the features of splinter binding, UV light protection, edge stability, clarity and noise reduction
- Robust and resistant
- one-hundred-times higher rigidity compared to standard PVB films and higher shear modulus
- can either bear a higher even load with the same glass thickness or, with a reduced glass thickness, demonstrate the same load-bearing capacity as standard laminated safety glass
- also compatible with other Thiele Glas products such as TG-PROTECT®color (may have an influence on stability)
- maximum dimensions: 3.210 x 18.000 mm
- colour: clear
- compatible with TG-PROTECT®color and other Thiele Glas products
- glass stairs and banisters
- projecting roofs structural glass construction
- point-fixed glazing
- large-format panes
- partition walls
- impact-proof glazing