Laminated safety glazing with UV protection
Conventional window glazing is opaque for ultraviolet light below 320 nm. PVB-interlayers between the panes filter further ultraviolet light out. As a laminated safety glass with new PVB-interlayer, TG-PROTECT®UVzero reaches to block incident ultraviolet light up to 100 %. This unique function combined with the proved characteristics of laminated safety glass (residual carrying capacity, minimized risk of injury, impact and break-in resistant glazing) makes the product unique and highly versatile in application.
With its application in museums, archives and galleries, TG-PROTECT®UVzero provides an optimum protection for exhibits behind glass and preserves works of art from early ageing.
Technical data and information
- laminated safety glass provided with a transparent, at least 0.76 mm thick PVB interlayer
- available in maximum dimension 3,210 x 18,000 mm
- 120 mm compound thickness, up to 7,000 kg weight/laminated glass
TG-PROTECT®UVzero can be combined with the following products and features:
- alarm system
- noise protection, thermal insulation and solar protection
- anti-reflective glass TG-PROVIEW for clear vision (maximum dimension is 3,210 x 6,000 mm)
- tempered glass like TG-ESG® or TG-TVG
- ceramic digital print or screen-printing
Areas of application
- display window