Laminated safety glass
TG-PROTECT®-TVG consists of two or more sheets of glass joined together using an extremely tear-resistant polyvinyl butyral interlayer, which may be transparent, toned or translucent. In case of breakage, the sheet has a residual load-bearing capability due to the interlayer – fragments and slivers remain attached to the interlayer. The risk of injury is considerably reduced.
With a size of up to 3,210 x 18,000 mm and integrated colour or noise-reduction layers as well as diverse processing and finishing alternatives, TG-PROTECT®-TVG can be used in a wide range of applications.
In addition TG-PROTECT®-TVG is available in the safety classes impact, break-in and bullet resistant. Due to this outstanding property TG-PROTECT®-TVG is predestinated for overhead and structural glazing.
Technical data and information
- composite of semi-tempered glass (compound of two or more monolithic sheets of TVG-glass)
- consists of two or more glass panes bonded together
- up to 120 mm overall thickness, weight per package up to 7,000 kg
- ultimate tensile strength of the interlayer exceeds 20 n/mm²; ultimate strain at failure exceeds 250 %
- impact, break-in and bullet resistant glazing
- integrated alarm function possible or noise reduction possible
- can be equipped with toned or printed films
- can be further processed to TG-THERM®
Areas of application
- structural glass construction
- overhead glazing
- walk-on glazing
- impact-proof glazing
- balconies / balustrades / parapets
- partition walls
- display window
- noise protection walls
- elevator glazing
- roofs / canopies